Tuesday, October 20, 2009

New Weekly Blog

I like blogging, I really do. And I'm getting to where I miss it too. But I don't have the internets in my house and the only neighbornet I can connect to is password protected. When I'm in the office, I try to keep my non-pastoral internetting to a minimum, so I don't really have the time to blog on the clock either.

However, one thing that I've inhereted with my new job is the responsibility to write our church's weekly update. This is more or less a written recap of the service for those who weren't able to be with us on a given Sunday. I don't mind doing it because a lot of the older people, and just people who weren't able to be at church in general, seem to really enjoy getting it. Also, this is a great way to communicate our upcoming events and stuff to as many people as possible. So I'm not griping :)

But part of this weekly update is a recap I do of each week's sermon. This is also cool because it gives people a chance to revisit the week's sermon and maybe it helps them process it. The Christian Ed major in me is always looking for ways to facilitate learning :)

It hit me this morning that in leu of blogging, I could just start posting my written summary of each week's sermon. I know it probably won't be widely read, but there's no harm in throwing out a virtual "Hail Mary." So from now on, that's what I'm gonna do each Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment