Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Garden - March 23, 2011

After planning, replanning, and then planning some more, I realized that a single garden plot of 17 x 34 was not going to be big enough to grow everything I wanted to grow. Actually, it's barely big enough to grow my peppers and tomatillos. So Monday and Tuesday I tilled a second garden patch. This one is 14 x 26 and went in where Lowell cut down my dead pecan tree and opened up some sun shine in the back yard. Henceforth the new garden patch will be referred to as the West Gardens and the old garden patch (for the peppers and tomatillos) will be referred to as the East Garden.

Here is the West Garden:



Yesterday I planted 180 onions (red and yellow)



In order to maximize production in a small space, I'm going to follow the loose square foot garden model. Today I got out and roped off my squares and walking paths



And today I got to plant spinach

1 comment: