Friday, May 14, 2010

Meet Rosie

Some people collect baseball cards, some people collect tea sets, my wife and I collect puppies. The house next to our friends in Royalton had three dogs tied up out in the yard and one of those dogs had four cute little puppies. Every time we would go visit our friends, these little puppies would run out and say hi to us. Now we had a bad experience with trying to add a third dog to our pack last fall (we'll call that the Gracie incident) so for a while I was pretty strong about refusing my wife's request that we bring one of those puppies home (even though I really wanted to!). But then my wife got a job interview up the road so I told her that if she got the job then we'd get one of the puppies. So say hello to Rosie!



She's a Heinz 57 mutt but she sure is cute! And as you can see, she gets along great with our two boys.





I can't help but wonder that if we find our calling by looking for the place where our passions meet our gifts then maybe someday I'll will open "Shotgun Willie's Ranch for Free Range, Unwanted Dogs" where I will live out my days throwing frisbees till my arms are sore and rolling around on the ground being licked by 45 dogs :)

1 comment:

  1. el cuerpo perro whisperer. Moo is our third dog. If I had an acre I'd probably have a kennel too.

    ReplyDelete